I have collected a bunch of good reasons for credit card bike touring, and a description of what a great day can be on the road, if you need more convincing. You can also check out my guide to where, when and how to go touring, unfortunately mostly for biking in Europe. I have also written quite a bit about the trips I have done, for inspiration, but there are many other specialized sites for finding great bike trails. I have used bikemap.
Have you already made up your mind, and perhaps even started training? Excellent, but unfortunately there’s quite a few things you need to do and think about before you go:
- What is the right bike for your trip?
- What bags should you choose for holding your stuff?
- Clothes and shoes
- Bike equipment
- Smartphone and other stuff
- There’s also a list of various things to consider before you go
- Finally a comprehensive packing list
Credit Card Bike Touring requires some daily planning that will improve your trip. I have also written down some warnings I hope you’ll read.